Gripping Beast Dark Age Warriors Review
This Is a review for the dark age warriors box set from (GBP) gripping beast
In this review and all review to follow I will be rating the products out of 5, with 5/5 being the best score.
The score will be based on
- -Details (I will judge the details in the miniature sculpt them self)
- -Value (I will be judged on price per miniature without postage as postage costs can variety for everyone)
- -Clean up(I will judge this on how long it take to clean the mould lines or filling in any holes or miscasts
- -Ease of assembly (How easy the models are to put together)
- -Variety (This covers how much option you have EG weapons, heads, ect)
The miniatures are 28mm True scale.
1st I want to cover the exact contents of this box set as i have seen a few reviews and they do not cover every thing in the set.
The box comes with 8 identical spruces as seen below
So what exactly do you get in the spruces ?
- 5 body's (total of 40 body's)
- 5 round shields (total of 40)
- 7 heads (total of 76)
- 4 right arms with larger spear (total 32)
- 3 smaller spears on right arm (total 24)
- 1 horn on right arm (total 8)
- 1 sword on right arm (total 8)
- 1 axe on right am (total 8)
- 4 slings on right hand (total 32)
1 Sprue of assembled models, without shields
Now its on to the Score
The detail on the miniature are crisp and clean and the heads are well defined.
I would give it a score of 4.5 for datails
At Under 50 pence per miniature I have to give it a score of 5 for value.
Clean up time only took around 20 to 30 seconds per model using a hobby knife to scrape the mould lines off this is why I have to give a score of 5
But because you have to cut off the hand to attach the slings before you can glue the arm on it makes it a little more difficult (this is still relatively easy to do) but this has lowed the score to 4.5
The only down fall I can see is there are only 7 head types but 8 sprue's meaning that 1 miniature will have to have the same head and body combination.
That being said the miniatures can be made to look unique by using different weapon option and of course paint scheme for those reason I give a score of 4.5
Total Overall Score of 4.7 out of 5
With the miniatures simple design and well defined details this makes the miniatures easy to paint, even for new painters, This also give you the option to use in many army's like Scottish, Welsh, English Peasants,Viking bondi, Celts, Irish, Germanic, but to name a few.
I would recommend these miniatures to anyone wanting to boost the size of there army without braking the bank.